Atrium can now take short stay patients with chronic conditions and admit patients directly from Emergency Rooms, Physician Offices and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
In some cases, we can defeat readmissions and manage chronic care patients.
- Licensed and Accredited Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH)
- ICU level of care provided
- 2 bed dialysis suite with in-room dialysis capability
- Over 60 physicians on staff representing 18 different specialties
- 24/7 nursing and respiratory therapy coverage
- Ability to provide full range of state of the art wound care services including Tissue Analytics.
- Ability to provide 24/7 ancillary services (see list below under services).
Diagnoses and Conditions Treated:
- Respiratory conditions, including ventilator support, tracheostomies, COPD, infections/inflammation and pleural effusion
- Complicated cardiac conditions, such as congestive heart failure (CHF) management
- Complex wound and skin conditions, diabetic and pressure ulcers, and non-healing surgical wounds
- Circulatory system disorders with varying medical complexity
- Infections such as MRSA and VRE which require intensive IV antibiotics
- Dysphagia management
- Digestive system disorders and nutritional impairment
- Post-management of strokes/CVA and multiple organ system failure
- Complex hip fractures and post-management of total joint replacements
- Acute and chronic renal disease requiring hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
- Neurological diseases and complications, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
Atrium Medical Center provides the following services
- Cardiac monitoring/telemetry
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Complex wound care
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- IV Therapy
- Case management/social services
- Nutritional support and management